Thursday, March 5, 2015

If we believe and follow Jesus Christ then we will not live in spiritual darkness. (John 12:46)



In John 12:46 Jesus Christ says, “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.”

I feel that this principle of Jesus Christ being a light is so important in my life. We live in a dark world and sometimes that darkness causes me to fear and shrink. But then I remember that my Savior has overcome all so He can help me overcome all, even the dark in my life.


I think that He meant spiritual darkness but I deal with depression, a mental illness that causes so much darkness, so I also feel that for me personally He also is a physical light in those dark depressive days that seem to never end. Even during my darkest moments, mentally or spiritually, I take comfort from Elder Holland’s talk “Like a Broken Vessel”. He says, “Of greatest assurance in God’s plan is that a Savior was promised, a Redeemer, who through our faith in Him would lift us triumphantly over those tests and trials, even though the cost to do so would be unfathomable for both the Father who sent Him and the Son who came. It is only an appreciation of this divine love that will make our own lesser suffering first bearable, then understandable, and finally redemptive.” I know that if we believe and follow Jesus Christ then we will live in light and truth, even during our dark moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment